Friday, January 1, 2010

The Grady Family Visit

Today we had a delightful visit with the Grady family today. We played Apples to Apples while enjoying pizza, salad and veggies, with, of course, ice cream for desert. Then we all gathered back in the event room for a devotional that Mr. Grady brought. He spoke on the Love Chapter, I John 4. He brought out the fact that Love and Abide go hand in hand. God has given us the perfect example of this. He doesn't just say "I love you" and then disappear, only "popping in" every now and again, rather He ABIDES in us. So often its easy to "love" from a distance, but the true test is when we actually come in contact with those that we're to love. I know for me it's really easy to say that I love my family when I'm in my room doing devotions, but it gets much more difficult when I'm trying to cook dinner and little guys are in and out of the already small kitchen and littering the tile with cars (you know how painful it is to step on a matchbox car? especially some of them!!!). So... in the year 2010... I'm going to work on the Abiding love, not just the distant kind.

After the insightful devotional we watched A Widows Might, directed and produced by John Moore (check it out at: www.thewidowsmightthemovie.com)
After the movie, while Caleb and Daniel cooked up some hot dogs, the majority of the rest of us had a load of fun learning/teaching some "line dances". After dinner we squeezed in one more "dance lesson" and then the Grady's headed home.
And now here I am... writing and the guys are downstairs doing who knows what, oh wait, it's after 8pm, so... they're probably cleaning up the business.
Well I'm going to close and call it a night (I was up 'til 2am this morning, what a way to bring in the new year, tired and exhausted, hmmm I think I'm getting old or something!). Anyways... I'm also not drinking any caffeine SO... I'm pretty much exhausted! I think I'll make myself a nice hot cup of herbal tea and sign out!
I hope y'all had as good a New Year's Day as I did!
God Bless,
-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment