Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Page... Sort of

I've always thought that the New Year gave us a "clean sheet" whereupon we inscribe the history of the year as it goes by. A clean sheet, a new start, another chance. Well in some ways this is the case, but as I realized today, the sheet might be new but I'm still in the equation, and so, though the sheet is new... the same old me is filling it! So... that requires a different approach, not just, "The history I write will be better this year, now that I don't have all the junk from the beginning of 2009" But "This year I won't try and write the future, but I'll stick to recording the past and follow God's lead, not seeking to blaze my own trails." We'll see how 2010 goes and what it holds, it's really exciting... in a frightening sort of way!
God Bless,
-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment